Friday, February 05, 2010

February Ornament

Hi! We are having a big snow storm, well, they're predicting a blizzard actually in central Maryland. In anticipation of the snow, almost all activities for the weekend have been cancelled. Being chicken about being out in the snow, I took the day off from work and stayed home today, and stitched my February ornament. Well, I started it yesterday, and finish-finished it today.

This is the Holly Ornament by the Sweetheart Tree from the 2009 JCS Ornament magazine. My friend Carol so kindly included the ruby cabochon heart in the Christmas box of goodies she sent me - that I just had to stitch this ornament. (Thanks again, Carol). I used a mix of threads and beads for this one. This is my first flat fold ornament, and it doesn't hold up to close scrutiny. I'm hoping the next one will be better, and not take quite as long.

Well, I'm back to watching the snow fall. It is just now turning cold enough for the snow to stick - I'm looking forward to waking to a winter wonderland tomorrow!

Happy stitching all, Margaret

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Oh, such a lovely ornament, and so quichly stitched and finished. It looks wonderful. And matches the snow outside, lol.