Sunday, February 07, 2010

Enough snow already!!!


We have had tons of snow (literally); and I have had plenty of time to stitch (how often do you get to say that?) Here is a fuzzy picture of a completed needlebook and scissor fob that coordinate with my Roberta scissors. The pattern is from Cross Stitch Happy. I started this project a long time ago. I pulled it out yesterday, and finished stitching and assembled it. The final product doesn't pass a close inspection; but I plan to actually use it. Sometime in the future, as my finishing improves, I will be able to look back at these smalls and see how far I've come (I'm ever the optimist)

And now, for some blizzard 2010 pictures:





I seldom show pictures other than stitching, but today I am including a few snow pictures. The top one is taken from my family room - yesterday we couldn't get out on the main floor, so DH and DS cleared a spot outside the basement doors for an improvised Labrador potty. They also cleared a "lounge area' for themselves! The poor old dog is so old, they had to carry him down the basement steps so he could go out. The second picture shows the new and improved dog place - late yesterday afternoon, they cleared an area outside the garage - no more hauling the dog up and down the steps.

The third picture shows the front of the house. We estimate that we received 2+ feet of snow - I am from the south, and I have never seen so much snow in my life. I read a book this winter entitled Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter by Lisa Patton - think it was an omen of things to come????- BTW, it was an entertaining book - light reading, a nice read for Christmas break!

Oh, and before I forget - tonight I will be cheering on the Saints; but no Superbowl parties here - no one can travel!

Well, that's all for now. Happy stitching, everyone! Margaret

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

A very nice finish indeed. Congratulations.
The snow pictures remind me of the times when the kids were still kids and DH built igloos with them in the front garden. What a fun!