Sunday, September 23, 2012

Want to come over and remove glue??????


Before we get to the glue removal project, take a look at Part 2 to Carole Novalee's Sampler de Noel 2012.  Isn't it pretty?  The colors are so festive - this is a very fun piece to  stitch.  The parts are small enough to be manageable - so you can quickly get a sense of accomplishment.


And now, for the project that needs glue removal:  this is Boo Mansion, by Blue Ribbon Designs.  I used the recommended threads and linen - however, I tried to save some time and attach my cording with glue instead  of the tried-and-true needle and thread.  I have never gotten along with glue - this goes all the way back to my Vacation Bible School days - my projects always had more Elmer's on them than anything else.  So, anyway, I tried to give it one more shot, and ended up with glue on my cording - once the glue dries, I will try to pick it off.  If that doesn't work, I may add some fluffy black fun fur to hide the cording.

Meanwhile, I have been drooling over the Christmas Ornaments JCS Special issue.  I have started the BBD ornament, and am about half way through.  I think I hear it calling me now - 

Happy stitching, everyone!

1 comment:

Mouse said...

ohhh dear how did the glue removing go ??? love mouse xxxx