Sunday, September 30, 2012

On a Roll





I have now finished Dawn of Spring, a SAL designed by a very generous Mouse from the Friendly Stitchers yahoo group.  I ran out of the beads I used for the first three bands, and could not find a matching color.  I'm pretty sure the first color of beads was a Mill Hill petite - but I couldn't find an exact match.  So I ended up adding two different colors of beads - hopefully the changes in color look intentional, rather than being out of desperation.


And this is Part 3 of the SAL Sampler de Noel 2012.  Isn't it pretty?  I love the French designs - they are so elegant.

My puppy is finally trained enough that you can take eyes off her for a second or two, without having the whole house destroyed, so I have a bit more stitching time.  We have been going to kindergarden, and the puppy knows sit, stay, down, come, let's go, etc. - although her obedience is somewhat dependent on whether she sees the little sandwich bag full of chicken breast cubes! 

I finally got fed up with my messy yard, and hired a landscape crew to edge my beds and clean and mulch a row of crepe myrtles along the road - best fortune I've ever spent! 

Well, back to puppy world.  Happy stitching, everyone!  Margaret C

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Dawn of Spring looks great! Congrats on finishing it. Nice progress on the Sampler de Noel. You are right, the French designers have some wonderful SALs going.