Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Monthly Update

Gee, I thought I was in the habit of updating weekly - but it's been more like a month since I have posted any pics. So here goes big update:




First up is Part 5 of Quaker Star with the Sticklounge group. I just love this project. The blue I selected is certainly non-traditional, but it makes me very happy. And no, I am not trying to get fancy with my photography - this is just how this picture came out!!!!

And now I'm presenting Wayward Garden by Cynthia Zittel (the Drawn Thread). She is one of my favorite designers. I have had this project kitted up since it was first published. It is stitching up like a dream! Plus it is in keeping with my projects with a "garden" theme.


And here is a finish - this was a Noel Banner SAL by a very talented and generous designer - Angie.
Despite the language barrier, she was very nice in including me in her SAL group.


And here is my September ornament - this is 'Tis Green from the JCS Christmas Ornament preview issue. I used the recommended fibers with linen from my scraps. This is one of the few patterns that I am seriously considering stitching several times more in separate colorways - can't you just see purple, green and gold for Mardi Gras?
I was thinking that my finishing skills were improving - but then I visited my LNS, the Stitching Post in Catonsville, MD, and saw some of the professionally finished projects - what a difference! But, so expensive! I intended to just go there and drop off two pieces to be framed - YEA, right - I walked out of there with a ton of stuff! I think I'm better off just ordering from my other ONS/LNS, Needlecraft Corner in Baltimore.






And from the oldie bag - I finally finished this box lid. I started this project in 1997. The designer is Amaryllis Artworks. Back then, the use of silks and overdyes was new to me; and I was soooooo nervous about messing it up and wasting my thread.
I also completed an exchange for the Hooked on Exchanging Halloween exchange. I am getting nervous because I mailed it on October 2; and I haven't heard from the recipient yet. Please, Mr. Postman, don't let us down!
That's all for now. Happy stitching, Margaret

2 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous stitching. Who has time to blog when you are working such beautiful stitches.

Mimi said...

Hi there! I was thinking about all of you recently. Haven't gotten together in a while. Nice work. Not sure how you have the time to finish all the projects!