Sunday, February 16, 2014

Enough snow already!


I love a good snow day as much as the next person - especially if I don't have to get out in it, but seriously this is ridiculous!  Fortunately DH is a hardy Mid-western stock, and ventures out regardless of the weather - perhaps he just can't face the idea of being cabin bound with me if I don't have milk for my coffee!  This is my house after the first wave of snow last Wednesday night - we received another 4-5 inches in the next few days.  It's beautiful today - the white is a nice contrast to the blue sky.

Here is the fearless Labrador  - Emie loves the snow, despite finding it difficult to plow through!



One great thing about the snow is that I had a chance to finish my Valentine smalls for this year - this is a chart I found in my freebie notebook - I can't provide proper credit to the designer, but it is a very cute design.

This is Garden of Love by Citrouille's Designs.  This was a project from the 2013 Year of Smalls blog.  The fibers are Belle Soie and the fabric is a 36 ct Shale from PTP.  The linen has a lavender cast to it - it's sweet in real life.

My ornament for February is Tis the Season, a kit by Shepherd's Bush.  The ribbon and beads came in the kit, with instructions to do a wonky trim.  After I got the hang of it, it is really easy to do and is a perfect finish for this project.

And the last pic for today is my stitching helper Athena - this is the reason my twisted cords have extra fuzz!

I have been enjoying the updates on the new releases at Nashville - I wish I could have one of everything.  This is a banner year for new designs.

Until next time, happy stitching!  Margaret

5 comments:

Von said...

Really sweet finishes. I especially like the wonky trim!

Melody said...

Lovely finishes!

Brigitte said...

I'm a bit the same with snow - I don't love it but if I don't have to drive on it I can stand it, lol.
Your finishes are all lovely, particularly the Garden of Love. It's so beautiful with all these colours.

Chris said...

Love your stitching all of them so pretty, but please keep your snow. We have had so much rain, snow would be the last straw!
Happy Stitching
Chris

Marie said...

Your house is beautiful, Margaret.

I love your completed projects, especially that SB with the wonky trim. :-) You did a nice job finishing.

Your dog and cat are so cute. I assume that they get along?

We are expecting yet another snow storm to hit VT on Wed. Is this winter ever going to end?