Sunday, May 08, 2011

Update!

I'm so far behind, I hardly know where to begin with this update. Here goes: this is a picture of Part 7 and 8 of SAL Romantique. This piece is fabulous - but each section takes a lot of time -it's very relaxing, but takes time nonetheless.










These are my March and April ornaments that are finished-finished. The flat finish is a Spot Sampler by Catherine Theron and the other is Christmas, a sampler designed by Sandra Sullivan of Homespun Elegance.


I attended Celebrations in Nashua, New Hampshire last month. I spent some time with my dear stitching buddy, Carol S. I also met Marie, who I knew previously through exchanges. I took some classes, which were very enjoyable (and a great way to acquire more projects). I met Theresa Venette of Shakespeare's Peddler. I am a big fan of her reproduction samplers. She is a super lady - very friendly and down to earth.


I also shared a table at the fun Saturday night charity event with some great stitching ladies, some I had met before and some new friends.


Pam and Donna are having a show in St. Charles MO this year - I would love to go - I am waiting to see if they will be offering new classes or just repeats from New Hampshire.


While I was away from home, some less than happy events were going on - DH and DS had to put down our Labrador - he had made it 13 years and 3 days - but he had just recently lost his appetite and was really struggling with his hind quarters, so it was time. Also, DS and his team lost in the state National History Day competition - I am very proud of them for winning the county competition, which was pretty stiff; but still we are all disappointed. And to top it all off, the tornadoes ripped through the areas near where I grew up and went to college - so I was glued to the news broadcasts for information about my hometown - fortunately, that area escaped significant damage. My heart goes out to the people of the southeast who lost loved ones and cherished possessions - family mementos are very important to Southereners.


On a cherrier note, we spent yesterday in Annapolis. DS's orchestra played a concert at Maryland Hall in the afternoon. We had to take him over there in the morning, so while he was rehearsing, we explored the waterfront and had a great lunch. Annapolis is a charming city - it would be a great place to go for a weekend getaway. I love the historic buildings. The daughter of some friends attends the Naval Academy; and she and two of her friends attended the concert - it was great to see them, and I think DS was especially pleased.


The sun is shining today! The weeds are loving our weather pattern, and are threatening to take over! My peonies are starting to show color; and I am battling the deer over my hostas and lilies. DS has a soccer game this afternoon - I love watching the boys play soccer, even though they do a fair amount of shoving and tripping at this level of play!


I suppose I have rambled enough. Hope everyone has a great day!


- Margaret

No comments: