Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Year, New Stitching!



My holidays went by in a blur - I had every intention of taking photos of my holiday stitching, and keeping this blog updated; but we all know what they say about good intentions....

So, with the new year, I have tried to become more focused. After neglecting this project for weeks (months?) I finally completed Part 7 of Quaker Star. Only two parts to go! I had not really planned to sign up for any more big projects with the Sticklounge Group, but then Angie Designer's Purple Garden was selected for an upcoming project - I have long admired this project, so I wasted no time in signing up. And no, I didn't stop there - another upcoming project is an old European Sampler - so I signed up for that as well. The Sticklounge group is a great one!


These next photos are of a Blue Ribbon Box, designed by Patrick's Woods. I know you can't tell much from my photography, but these pieces will become a scissor fob, needlebook, mattress style pincushion, and pockets in a wooden box. This will all come together in a class I am taking at A Gathering of Embroiderers in Williamsburg next month. The project is gorgeous, and most of it is stitched over one. I love the look of over one stitching; but I don't do it very often, and so I am slow and my tension is not very good. Still, the project is gorgeous!






I still have more work to do, but it is coming along!
I joined the Up for a Challenge for 2011. In this group, the challenge is to finish fifteen WIPS in 2011. I made a list of my favorite 15 projects - I included some WIPs and some new projects. I wonder how long it will be before I revise my list?????
Not a lot of other stuff going on - my son's ice hockey team is having a good year so far; and only a few of the players graduate this year - so the team should be strong next year as well. I can't say the same for my football teams - last weekend was awful - I always cheer for the Saints; and have since I was little - so I am already looking forward to next year. At least my alma mater, Mississippi State, did well last year.
Well, that's all for now. I am working on the Romantique Sampler by Angie Designer. I will post pics when I get enough done. I also need to work on my ornament for January.
Happy stitching, everyone!





No comments: