Sunday, April 18, 2010
Seba Blackwork Project Completed!
I put the last stitches in the Seba Blackwork SAL yesterday during my son's orchestra rehearsal. The last piece was the border; and I put if off because I thought it would be tedious. As it turned out, it went very quickly, and I can add something else to my "to be framed" pile.
Now, I will treat myself to a new quick project - I only have to decide which one of the "thousands" that are screaming for attention. It will have to be a quick thing because I will be going to Celebrations at the end of the month - and so will start several new class pieces.
I haven't been stitching very much this week - DH and I have flung over 8 yards of shredded bark mulch so far this spring. I still have three large areas to mulch - one is a sadly neglected bed that is weedy, and that I need to reclaim from the deer, so that one will be a lot of work. I also have to bring some order to the planting area by the pool - it is rampantly overgrown with deer delicacies - roses, lilies, hibiscus, redbud trees, and such.
We are off to the soccer field in a little bit - but will have to dress warmly. This morning it was 40 degrees when I walked the dog.
Happy stitching! Margaret