Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Ornie, January 2010


I have decided to do the Christmas Ornament challenge - I should be able to finish one ornament a month, right?

Well, I am off to a decent start. This is Silver and Blue by Nikki Leeman of Country Cottage Needleworks from the August 2008 issue of Just Cross Stitch. I used mostly the recommended fibers, but used DMC metallic perle rather than floss - note to self: avoid pieces with huge amounts of metallic floss. The linen is a mystery piece from my scrap drawer. After I photographed this, I realized that I really need to work on making the filling lie smoothly - the picture shows all the lumps.

Happy stitching! Margaret

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful choice for your first ornament of 2010. Look forward to seeing what else you will produce.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Gorgeous!

Brigitte said...

A very nice first ornament finish this year. I know it sounds so easy to stitch and finish an ornament a month. But it's a challenge anyway, at least for me, lol.

Yuko said...

Hi Margo!
Thanks for the e-mail, sure I put your name on the list! :D

This ornament is SO lovely!
I love this design so much, I should make one formyself this year!! :D

Yuko from Japan