Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Many Years Sampler




This is my latest project - it is the Many Years Sampler. I think the designer's name is Gudi Kolden (although I studied German in college, that was quite a few years ago. Fortunately, much of the information about this sampler has been translated into English). I am using Viki Clayton's Old Maid of the Vineyard premium silk and 32 ct. Navy Bean Lakeside Linen. I have completed most of parts one and two - now I will have to wait till mid-March for part 3.
I am still determined that I won't start anything new until I clear out a project bag to use; so I think I will now go and see what can be done the quickest so that I can empty a bag.
I have been checking on the Celebrations web site to see the pics of the classes they're offering. There are so many there to tempt me - my credit card will be getting a workout for sure.
My Lenten roses are blooming; and I've noticed my daffodils poking some leaves up above the soil - so can spring be far away? I can't wait to get back out into the garden! I need to go and purchase some deer repellent for my lilies, hostas, daylilies, - the list goes on and on, but you get the idea.
Well, that's all for now - my DS stayed home today with a bad cold - so we have just been lazy today - such a nice way to spend the day!
Happy stitching, everybody! Margaret

No comments: