Sunday, September 04, 2005

Here is a photo of a Christmas ornament that I stitched yesterday. It is a Genny Morrow design titled Holiday Charm I. I signed up for a cyberclass because I am not familiar with stitching on canvas. It was a quick and easy project, and didn't turn out too bad; but I didn't get any stitching done on Mystery VIII yesterday. I am a relative novice at finishing (and it shows), but this will be a good practice project.

Holiday Charm I Posted by Picasa

This morning I discovered links to some charts that the designers have designated as being dedicated to Hurricane Katrina Relief Efforts. Basically, the designer will either donate some of their profits, or send you a free chart after you have donated to one of the major charities. YEA!!!! I signed up for them right away. Here is one link I found at Stitching Bits and Blobs. Of course, it's not like I need more projects to do, but this is for a good cause.

Well, I'm off to get my stuff ready for stamp club this afternoon. I will publish photos of some of my stamping projects soon. I think they are great because you get almost instant gratification, especially as compared to year long stitching projects; not to mention that paper and ink is relatively inexpensive compared to linen and silk!!!!

Tonight I plan to select my fabric for the Celtic Ladies SAL that I am starting this month.

Happy stitching, Margaret

No comments: