Sunday, February 09, 2014

Ornaments galore!

 
 
Hiya,
 
 
I've started off the New Year working on ornaments.  This year I am determined to finish a few as I go, rather than have a bunch of stitched fronts to deal with in December.  So far, so  good!

 
Here's Peace on Earth by Barbara Jackson, which she taught as an online class through the Shining Needle Society.  I messed up the original linen, so I substituted a piece of Attic Lace by Lakeside.  It is a charming piece!
 
 
 
This is Peace on Earth from the 2013 JCS ornament issue.  I used the recommended threads.  It looks a bit wonky in the picture - sorry.

 
 
 
Also from the 2013 JCS ornament issue, here is Merry Christmas by MBT.  I used the recommended threads.  This is my first shot at rusched ribbon, using a tutorial from Vonna's (Twisted Stitcher) web site.  Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

 
And this is a bonus chart that came with Lizzie Kate's Christmas Mystery Sampler.  It's on a piece of Dubloon linen - I really like how this turned out.

 
 
Well there you have January's production.  I am working on a Valentine small; and another ornament for February.  I also put a few stitches in some samplers, but not much progress to show.
 
I also am drooling over the classes at Celebrations this year.   I am adding to my planned stitching indulgent trips by taking classes at Salty Yarns in June and finally going to Christmas in Williamsburg.
 
Oh, and in between, I can't forget the trips to Missouri to annoy see the Boy Wonder.  We will be spending St. Patrick's Day weekend there  - they have a big party weekend.  I haven't been in many years, but I wouldn't miss this one for the world.
 
Until next time, happy stitching, Margaret

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Very nice finishes.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on your ornament finishes! They will look fabulous on your tree in December.

Robin in Virginia

Brigitte said...

Oh wow, so many ornament finishes. And they all look really great. Great job with the ruched edging, I have never tried this one but have to look it up on Vonna's blog.