Friday, October 29, 2010

Smalls!




Here is the great exchange I received from Chris

in the Halloween exchange on the Hooked on Exchanging blog. This pinkeep is just perfectly made and I adore the pattern. In fact I was getting ready to stitch that for myself, but I hadn't started yet, so my package arrived just in the nick of time. I am thrilled by this exchange!!!






And, from the oldies basket, I finished Just Nan's Snow! from the "In the Tin" series. I use the term finish very loosely - I like the way the top of the tin turned out; but the mitten shaped needle book gave me fits. I had worked the linen so much that it was beginning to fray badly, so I had to just call it quits and stitch it down. I am not a fan of the soft loose linens, anyway. I stitch in hand, and it is difficult to maintain the right tension when the linen has a lot of "give".



And here is my October ornament - this is Country Star by Elizabeth's designs using the recommended linen and fibers. I finished it as a flat fold, and I love it - the picture does not do it justice.


It has been a gorgeous fall here in Maryland. Yesterday we traveled to Annapolis for my son's soccer game - the trees were just beautiful! I can only imagine how pretty it is in New England when the trees turn. Annapolis is a charming town - lots of historic buildings, pedestrian malls, shops, restaurants, and of course the Capitol and the Naval Academy.

So that's pretty much it for today; except for my political plug - Be sure and go vote! If you don't, you hardly have room to complain!


Happy stitching, Margaret
















































1 comment:

Jeanne said...

love your exchange gift Margaret! I have a couple of those Just Nan tins to do - i can imagine that little needelebook could try one's patience!