Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ICE DAY!!!!




I know that most people look forward to a snow day - but we are having an ice day here in Maryland! They originally announced that there was a two hour school delay; and then they just cancelled school. So, I am staying home with DS. Fortunately, we have not lost power (knock on wood) - so maybe a Valentine treat is in order - I'm thinking of a Red Velvet cake. It doesn't look like I will be making my usual trek to Godiva for Valentines for DH and DS.

I finished stitching my Valentine project - this is a small from the Gift of Stitching magazine. It is stitched on 32 ct. Summer Sunset Lugana from Silkweaver. The thread is Viki Clayton's Enchantress premium silk. It is really more charming in real life - you all know that I am no photographer.

So now, I think I will go and pull out a project I have not worked on for a while. I also want to baste my fabric for the Spanish Sampler Mystery project by Periphaeria Designs - I am intrigued by the basting pattern - and I am enthralled with Mystery samplers in general.

Happy stitching! Margaret

1 comment:

Kathy A. said...

I love all your stitching progress. Your heart is just lovely. I am looking at the Periphaeria and trying to decide if I want to jump on that bandwagon. It looks so intriguing