Thursday, December 20, 2007

Birthday goodies and Soon-to-be ornaments


I was completely spoiled by these birthday gifts from a special stitching friend, Carol. In addition to keeping up with a fabulous blog, she is also the one who introduced me to the wonderful world of blogging. (Well, to be truthful, I spend more time lurking that posting or commenting - but I love to read about other people's projects!) I am late in posting this picture. Carol posted a nice picture of the scissor fob she stitched - I show it here attached to my Dovos. However, she is too modest to show pics of the wonderful extras she included. Many thanks, Carol!


I have been stitching Ornies - these four are done (meaning the stitching is complete) and hopefully over this weekend they will become done-done (meaning ready to hang on the tree).

I think all of these are from JCS ornament issues. I struggle with the finishing - I am just a beginner, and my projects seem to always turn out lop-sided. I guess I just need to practice.




And here are two more that are not done yet - I lack beads for the Teresa Wentzler Celtic Cross and I ran out of thread for the sampler one (the poor reindeer has only two legs). So I'm off to send a note to the Needlecraft Corner, ordering some stuff!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday Season!
Happy stitching, Margaret

6 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Carol IS a dear! And she's a SUPERIOR spoiler :)
And I love all your finished ornaments!

Von said...

Excellent ornaments Margaret! I'm not always satisfied with my finishing, but find if I take it slow I'm happier with the result. And somehow after some time has passed, the ornament looks better, lol! :)

Carol said...

You are more than welcome for your gifts - yet, I don't seem to be able to spoil you as much as you spoil me! LOL! Even Mike was amazed yesterday when your large package arrived! And your ornaments are beautiful - we all have that problem with finishing items - none ever come out perfect. Practice helps, but perfection is way behind the world of hand crafts! {{{HUGS}}}

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've stitched up a wonderful batch of ornies!

Kathy A. said...

Check out my blog Margaret. Your ornament is done. It was a fun stitch and I am very happy with the finished product. Thank you again!!!

Kathy A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.